The city of Tangent welcomes suggestions for Legislative Priorities for the 2023 State of Oregon Legislative session. The City Council will review the priorities in the November 14 Work Session at 6:30 PM at City Hall, with a final vote on the November 14 City Council meeting. Items should be submitted by October 28, 2023. Some of the items currently on the list:
- Additional support for animal cruelty and neglect laws enforcement
- Reinstate the State of Oregon, the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) ‘s State Fund Exchange Program.
- Funds for Safe Route to School Gap
- High-Speed Passenger Rail Service Watch
- Provide financial aid or exemption to unfunded mandates for municipalities with less than 3,000 population.
You may e-mail your suggestions to the City Manager by clicking here. The City Manager and Mayor have the right not to exclude a priority if it’s not in the city’s best interest.