Tangent is excited to present an excellent opportunity for a motivated, customer-oriented person to support the operations of City Hall. Under the general supervision of the City Manager, the Finance Director performs a wide variety of technical, accounting, and administrative support duties. The Finance Director assists in the daily operations of City Hall. A full Position Description is available on the City of Tangent’s website: https://cityoftangent.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Finance-Director-Recruitment.pdf
The City of Tangent provides $1,600 a month for health or retirement, dental, pays for your training, some travel opportunities, and paid vacation, holiday, sick, and personal leave days. This is a full-time, exempt, non-represented position with an eight-hour workday with a flex schedule. This position is eligible for hybrid work after a probationary period to split their time at the worksite and work from home.
The annual salary starts at $46,633 to $57,532, with annual salary steps and yearly cost of living adjustment.
- Prepare monthly and annual fiscal reports.
- Maintain and update the City’s official Charter and codes and ensures compliance with record retention statutes.
- Oversee the annual audit for the City.
- Develop and maintain internal controls.
- Maintain City lien records.
- Inform City Manager to transfer funds between City accounts.
- Oversee compliance with grants.
- Develop finance-related ordinances and resolutions.
- Apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principals.
- Fill in for City Manager at meetings when needed.
- An associate degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a closely related field.
- Public or private sector experience in finance and accounting is sought.
- Substitution, three years or more in a position with accounting duties, setting up budgets, tracking budgets, and tracking expenditures.
How to Apply:
Link to Financial Director Recruitment: https://cityoftangent.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Finance-Director-Recruitment.pdf
Link to Application Packet with Veterans Preference Included: https://cityoftangent.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Application-Form.pdf
Or call 541-928-1020 to inform them that you will be stopping by to pick up an Application Packet. For consideration, all applicants must submit a completed employment application to PO Box 251, Tangent OR 97389. Applications will be accepted up to 4:00 p.m. on August 20, 2022. The City of Tangent does not accept faxed applications.
If you are requesting Veteran’s Preference, you must complete the Veteran’s Preference Form and attach a copy of your DD214 / DD215. If you are a disabled veteran, you must also include a copy of your Veteran’s Administration benefit summary/award letter along with your application.
The finalist for this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check as part of a contingent offer of employment. Conviction of a crime may not necessarily disqualify an individual from employment.
The City of Tangent is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application.